Marietta DUI Defense Lawyer
Serving Clients in DUI Defense in Marietta and Cobb County
Are you or someone you know facing a DUI in the metro Atlanta area? Are you worried about what will happen to you, your driving privileges, your vehicle, and your future? Being arrested or charged with a DUI is a serious offense which requires the attention and services of a competent attorney. If you are looking for legal assistance or representation from an attorney who focuses on
DUI defense in Georgia, then please contact a Metro Atlanta Attorney at The Glasgow Firm as soon as possible. We are located in Marietta, GA in Cobb County.
Attorney Bart Glasgow, an Marietta DUI attorney located in Marietta, GA that serves the Atlanta area as well as the following Georgia counties:
Attorney Bart Glasgow knows how the state will build its case against you in a DUI and how to vigorously challenge that case in a relentless protection of your rights. Mr. Glasgow is a former prosecutor who has prosecuted in every level of court in Georgia, from traffic courts to the trial division in State courts, to Assistant D.A. in Superior Court. As a former prosecutor, he has prosecuted hundreds of DUI, misdemeanor, and felony cases. With his understanding of how cases are prosecuted, he can provide a comprehensive and thorough defense for your DUI. As a metro Atlanta DUI defense attorney, he can also advise you on penalties,
field sobriety tests,
blood alcohol concentration,
felony DUI, and
administrative license suspension. The Glasgow Law Firm can also provide counsel and representation for any
DUI charges in Georgia fall into three categories commonly referred to as: "DUI Less Safe," "DUI Per Se," and "Driving With a Prohibited Substance." O.C.G.A. 40-6-391 provides a person shall not drive or be in actual physical control of a moving vehicle under any of the following circumstances:
"DUI Less Safe"
- While under the influence of alcohol to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive;
- While under the intentional influence of any glue, aerosol, or other toxic vapor to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive;
- While under the combined influence of any two or more of the above substances to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive.
- While under the influence of any drug (including over the counter and prescription drugs) to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive;
- You can be charged with this type of DUI even if your Blood Alcohol Concentration is less than the legal limit if the officer believes you show signs of impairment in your ability to drive.
"DUI Per Se"
- While the person's alcohol concentration is 0.08 grams or more at any time within three hours after driving from alcohol consumed before such driving ended.
- Legal limit for those under 21 years of age is 0.02, and for those driving commercial vehicles it is 0.04.
"Driving With a Prohibited Substance"
- While there are certain controlled substances defined by law present in the person's blood, urine, or both, including the metabolites and derivatives of each or both without regard to whether or not any alcohol is present in the person's breath of blood.
Ten Day Rule
When a person is arrested for DUI the law requires the officer to ask you for a chemical test of your breath, blood, or other bodily substance. If you refuse, your license will be a suspended for one year. If you take the test, and the results are over the legal limits, your license may be suspended for up to one year. You have TEN DAYS to request an Administrative License Suspension hearing to challenge this suspension. If you do not make this request you have waived your right to challenge this suspension. Call The Glasgow Law Firm today so we may challenge this suspension in time for you.
A DUI Conviction = A Permanent Criminal Record
If you are convicted of a DUI, it will go on your driving record and may cause your auto insurance premiums to be raised substantially or your insurance to be terminated. In addition, you will have either a misdemeanor or felony record, which will negatively impact your life and limit job opportunities.
In the case of any DUI, it is important to seek qualified professional legal help. Our firm urges you to contact us as soon as possible so that we may begin investigating your DUI and building your defense case.
Have you been charged with a DUI in the Metro Atlanta area?
Contact a Marietta DUI lawyer
at The Glasgow Law Firm for a consultation about your case today!